Low Voltage, SMD/SMT, Nuclear Radiation Sensor
The RD3024 low voltage nuclear radiation sensor, in combination with high immunity to RF fields, make it a good choice for designing new, state-of-the-art of battery powered measuring instruments using WiFi, GSM and Bluetooth communication.
The function of the RD3024 radiation sensor is based on an array of customized PIN diodes. The integrated pulse discriminator with a temperature compensated threshold level provides square pulse signal output. The RD3024 is capable of detecting beta radiation, gamma radiation and X-rays.
Features and Benefits
- Low power requirement (3.0V to 5.0V; 1.4mW) for battery powered applications
- Detects beta and gamma radiation and X-rays
- High sensitivity over a wide temperature range
- High immunity to RF and electrostatic fields
- Surface-mount package allows compact designs
- Swiss made
- Equipment for detecting radioactivity in medical environment
- Radiation monitors for nuclear safeguards and security
- Gamma detector to detect illicit nuclear material